Written by Amkha VAYAPHATH
Wednesday, 22 April 2015 08:01
The Mission Is to provide better understanding on what have been archived with the project and what can be leant from it.
The evaluation was using the OECD/DAC evaluation criteria of Relevance, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Impact, Sustainability,
Cross-cutting issues. The period of field work was from March 9 to March 28, 2015.
EVALUATION CRETERIA (OECD/DAC)
- The programme has been highly relevant both in term of policy support, timing and approach.
- Budget has been sufficient and managed efficiently
- Activities have been in general inline with the theory and change aimed at legislation and there are indications that
results effectively will lead to achievement of the immediate objectives(purpose)
- Cross cutting issues has been included in the relevant areas of the programme intervention. Gender mainstreaming
has in particular been addressed while understanding and integration of climate stability is weak.
- The programme has archived a positive impact establishing institutional and HR basic capacity in their areas of mandates. While positive, there is still considerable room for further improvement.
- Sustainability is threatened by the current plan for termination of Finnish support. However, the majority of the programme results will continue at the level, the Government of Lao PDR can ensure staffing and funding.
- The programme has been well aligned with Lao requirement and procedures while aid effectiveness has been ensured throug regular cooperation. Although ownership remains strong, there are concerns over actual applicability of some tools and process.
Overall the programme has:
- Aligned with national policies, processes and procedures
- Ensured national ownership and leadership
- Demonstrate flexibility in design and implementation
- Established institutional and cross-project cooperation
- Respected its LFA Matrix and pursued its objective
- Overall been in conformance results at an acceptable quality and quantity
The programme has not:
- Demonstrate any significant impact on poverty, gender or human right issues
- Caused any negative outcomes/impacts
Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 April 2015 08:54